POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Noobulation! : Re: FATALITY! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FATALITY!
From: Invisible
Date: 15 Jan 2009 05:25:55
Message: <496f0f33$1@news.povray.org>
>> I don't know... I actually found a company that's recruiting rather than
>> firing. And not just one vacancy, but about 30 or so of them. And *all* of
>> them targetting graduates with no experience. And in a high-tech company
>> that seems to be doing interesting technical work. And I spent weeks
>> trying to build a killer CV, and fussing over the best way to put myself
>> across... and they decided in a mere 240 seconds that they weren't going
>> to hire me.
>
>    Yes, recruiting 30 or so *two months* ago. It's a different story
> *today*.

There website still lists a huge heap of vacancies. I think some of them
are even new ones that weren't there before. [I can't be sure, there's
too many of them.]

>    Phone them. Ask for an interview, and if they say no, at least you gave
> it your best shot.

As I say, they don't actually give a phone number for job enquiries. I
guess I could reply to their email though. (Assuming the address is
real, and not just some automaton.)

>> On the other hand, maybe I should just face facts and accept that it is
>> essentially pointless for me to continue to remain alive. Maybe I should
>> just go throw myself off a tall building and get it over with. Then I
>> wouldn't have to put up with this suck-ass job that I hate, surrounded by
>> people who don't want me around, being paid peanuts, living in a world
>> that is completely indifferent to my pain and misery. Seriously, what do I
>> have to live for? Is my world ever going to be better than this? 30 years'
>> prior experience suggests "no"...
>
>     Jeez Andrew, you need to stop thinking like that. Seriously.

Yeah, well, when decade after decade elapses, and despite your efforts
you experience nothing but failure after failure after failure, it's
extremely hard to stay positive, much less motivated.

Seriously, I keep acting like I'm some highly intelligent dude who
*deserves* to be in a technical job. But what evidence is that actually
based on? I have the lowest IQ on the whole of the POV-Ray server. I
nearly failed my degree. I'm supposedly an ace programmer but I can't do
either C or C++, the languages used for 98% of all computer programming.
I've been coding for decades, but I have not one single finished program
to show for all my efforts. I'm supposedly an excellent writer, but I
can't write reports. Who the hell am I trying to kid? I'm nobody!

My entire life thus far has been a near-complete waste of time. No
matter what I do, I never succeed at anything. I'm hardly ever happy,
just constantly depressed. What do I have to live for? What is there for
me to look forward to? Why should I even go on?? Why bother being alive
if you can't have happiness?